clear space clear space clear space white space
A
 r c h i v e s   o f   M a r y l a n d   O n l i n e

PLEASE NOTE: The searchable text below was computer generated and may contain typographical errors. Numerical typos are particularly troubling. Click “View pdf” to see the original document.

  Maryland State Archives | Index | Help | Search
search for:
clear space
white space
Proceedings and Acts of the General Assembly, 1766-1768
Volume 61, Page 395   View pdf image (33K)
 Jump to  
  << PREVIOUS  NEXT >>
clear space clear space clear space white space

The Lower House. 395


Several Jails therein Mentioned: Which is Read the first and second
time, by an especial Order, and will pass, sent to the Upper House
by Mr Wilson, and Mr Grahame
John Beall Bordley Esq.r from the Upper House, delivers to Mr
Speaker, the following paper Bills, Viz
A Bill, entitled, an Act for the speedy and effectual publication of
the Laws of this province, and for the encouragement of Anne
Catharine Green, of the City of Annapolis printer And a Bill,
entitled, A Supplementary Act to the Act, entitled, an Act to estab-
lish a Road from Hunting Creek in Dorchester County, to Dover,
in Talbot County: which Bills were severally indorsed: "By the
upper House of Assembly, June 18.th 1768: The ingrossed Bill,
whereof this is the Original, read and assented to
Signed by Order, U, Scott clk. Up. Ho,

M,r Murdock has Leave of Absence
Benedict Calvert, and John Ridout, Esq.r from the upper House,
acquaint Mr Speaker that the Governor requires the Attendance of
the Members of the Lower House in the upper House, M.r Speaker
(with the Rest of the Members) went to the upper House and
there presented to the Governor, the following Bills Viz An Act
to remedy the Inconveniences arising from the Loss of some pro-
ceedings, in S.t Marys County, Court
An Act for the preservation of the Breed of fish
An Act to prevent any Obstruction of the Navigation in the
River patowmack.
An Act for appointing new Visitors for the publick school in
Frederick County, and for the purposes therein Mentioned,

L. H. J.
Liber No. 52
June 18

An Act for granting to the Nanticoke Indians, a Compensation
for the Lands therein mentioned, A Supplementary Act to an Act,
entitled, an Act for erecting a new parish in Kent County, called
Chester parish, and for the Building a parish Church, and enlearging
a Chapel of ease within the said parish,
An Act to impower the Justices of Somerset and Worcester
Counties to levy on the Taxable inhabitants of Stepney parish, in
Somerset and Worcester Counties, the Quantity of One hundred
and Sixty thousand pounds of Tobacco for the Uses therein
Mentioned
An Act for the Recovery of Certain Amerciaments, and also
upon Defaults on Executions
An Act for the Relief of Joseph Scott, of Worcester County,
An Act reviving and Continuing an Act, entituled, an Act to
establish a Market, at the Market House in Chester Town in Kent
County, and for the Regulation of the said Market
An Act to prohibit raising of swine and Geese in George Town,

p. 531



 
clear space
clear space
white space

Please view image to verify text. To report an error, please contact us.
Proceedings and Acts of the General Assembly, 1766-1768
Volume 61, Page 395   View pdf image (33K)
 Jump to  
  << PREVIOUS  NEXT >>


This web site is presented for reference purposes under the doctrine of fair use. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: The site may contain material from other sources which may be under copyright. Rights assessment, and full originating source citation, is the responsibility of the user.


Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!


[ Archives' Home Page  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

An Archives of Maryland electronic publication.
For information contact mdlegal@mdarchives.state.md.us.

©Copyright  August 02, 2018
Maryland State Archives