MARYLAND MANUAL. 235
street and Chatsworth street). It was purchased in 1866
for $4,000. It is triangular in shape, and the dimensions at
that time were 231 feet and 3 l/2 inches on Myrtle avenue, 247
feet and 1/2 inch on Fremont avenue, and 87 feet 3 inches in
In 1908 the State gave a deed to the city in consideration
of $2,500, to a portion of the said lot as follows: 180 feet on
Myrtle avenue, 192 feet 6 inches on Fremont avenue and 68
feet at the base, cutting off a triangle on which one of the
city engine houses stands, leaving a lot of irregular shape
of the following dimensions: 180 feet on Myrtle avenue, 54
feet and 7 1/2 inches on Fremont avenue and 87 feet 3 inches
at one end and 68 feet at the other.
This property is improved by a shed and hay scales, cost-
ing about $20,000, making the total cost $21,500.
The State owns three warehouses in Baltimore city, one
facing on South Charles street 150 feet, with a depth bound-
ing on the north side of Conway street to Light street 317
feet; two others, one facing on Light street and the other on
Charles street 84 feet, with a depth, including both, 317
These properties were acquired by four deeds, as follows:
One from Charles F. Mayer, Tr., June 6, 1846; John Carroll
Walsh, Tr., June 6, 1846; Moses Sheppard, December 22,
1826, and John B. Howell et al., June 16, 1836. The esti-
mated value of these three properties taken together is $800,-
The State has recently acquired two pieces of property by
gift to be held as part of the forestry reserves; one piece,
the gift of John W. Garrett and Robert Garrett, of l,917 1/2
acres in Garrett county; and the other, the gift of John M.
Glenn and wife 43% acres in Howard county.
TOTAL COST AND VALUE.
The aforegoing shows the value of the State's lands and
the improvements thereon to be approximately $7,986,800.