1. Lands held in fee simple ; fee sim-
ple conditional or fee tail gen-
eral, how to descend.
2-18 Order of succession of.
19. Lands acquired by purchase, how
20-23. Order of succession of
24 How naked trusts to descend.
25. Party to inherit, except children,
to be in being at death of intes-
26. No distinction to be made between
brothers and sisters of the whole
and half blood
27. Child or children to take by repre-
28. Entails created before January 1,
29. Child legitimatized by subsequent
marriage of parents, and ac-
knowledgment by father.
30. Inheritance among illegitimate
31. Hotchpot and advancement.
Division and Election.
32. Commissioners, how appointed,
33. Majority of, when qualified, may
34. Notice required to parties inter-
35. Court to appoint a guardian for
minor not having one.
36. Notice required to non-residents
37. Recital of notice prima facie suffi-
38. How commissioners to divide lands
susceptible of division
39. How commissioners to divide lands
not susceptible of division.
40. Survey to be made of lands divis-
ible into as many parts as heirs ;
several shares to be allotted to
41. If lands not thus divisible, to be
divided into as many parts as
practicable , election by parties
42. After partition, proceedings to be
returned to court for ratification.
43 Proceedings where estate is indi-
44. Election by eldest son
45. If he refuses, the next eldest son
to elect, and so on
46. Where a person is entitled to estate
of one heir and cannot agree
with other heirs
47 Absence of party entitled to elec-
tion , notice by publication to.
48. If non compos, person next entitled
49. If eldest male be not of age, eldest
female of age shall elect
50. Election or refusal may be in
51 Person electing to take shall give
bond to other persons.
Sales by Commissioners.
52. If all parties refuse to elect, lands
shall be sold by commissioners.
53. Where all parties are minors, es-
tate not to be sold until eldest
arrives at age.
54. Bonds for the purchase money
payable to each representative