1. Commissioners of charities and
corrections, appointment and
2. Commissioners are a body corpo-
porate under the name of the
" Commissioners of Charities
and Corrections of Frederick
County," general powers of.
3. First meeting and oath of.
4. Vacancies in, how filled.
5. Who eligible as.
6. Commissioners to have control
over almshouse, and property
belonging thereto, and to con-
tract for supplies for inmates of
7. May make rules regulating work
of inmates of; and for good
8 Stock and supplies of, to be pur-
9. Meetings and compensation of.
10. Overseer, appointment of.
11. Removal of.
12. Compensation of.
13. Bond of.
14. Treasurer of commissioners, ap-
pointment and duties of.
16. Penalty against overseer of, or any
member of commissioners refus-
ing for thirty days after expira-
tion of term or removal from
office to deliver to. his successor
any property under his charge
as such officer, penalty
16. Bond of treasurer.
17. Treasurer not to pay out funds
unless upon written order of
18. Annual statement of treasurer;
accounts by, to commissioners.
19. List and accounts to be kept by
20. Inmates of, to work, if able.
21. Disorderly persons, commitment
of, by justices to.
22. Lunatics and insane, when to be
received into, or Montevue
23. One commissioner may in writing
direct the admission of any poor
24. Rogues, vagrants and beggars,
commitment of, by justices to.
25. Sale of liquor to inmates of, pro-
26. Fines, penalties and forfeitures
imposed under this sub-title,
how recovered, to whom paid.
27. Sheriffs, bailiffs and other officers
to assist commissioners in exe-
cution of their duties.
28. Pleadings by persons sued for acts
done in pursuance of provis-
ions of this sub-title; plaintiff
to pay treble costs should he
fail to establish his case.
29. Salary of treasurer.
30 Bonds of treasurer and overseer
to be filed with clerk of the
31. Quarterly advertisement for pro-
posals to furnish all supplies,
provisions and fuel to jail, suc-