59 Assessment and tax levy.
60. Appeals from valuation made by
61 Removal of mayor from office.
62 Powers, duties and compensation
63 Powers of city council.
64. Orders and resolutions for appro-
priations and ordinances passed
by council to be attested by
clerk and signed by mayor;
mayor's veto passage over it;
failure to return within six
days, orders and resolutions for
appropriation of money to be
passed by yeas and nays entered
on journal, and by affirmative
vote of majority of all the
65. City council may provide for codi-
fication of its ordinances,
printed copy evidence.
66. Laying out, opening, straighten-
ing or widening of streets, alleys
67. Appeals from decision of commis-
sioners, in assessment of dama-
ges or benefits.
68. Request for improvements to be
in writing by owners of majority
of front feet on street, etc, to
be improved; front feet occu-
pied by railroad for its track
only, not to be counted or as-
69. Lien on property for expenses of
70. Enforcement of lien by sci. fa.;
disputing validity of tax, waiver
of the hen by failure to execute
within sixty days after notice
of the dispute; when sci. fa.
shall stand for trial stay of
thirty days; appeal.
71. Registration of voters.
72. Levy of taxes; collection by dis-
tress and sale; collector to make
73. Taxes and water rent a lien upon
property, how recoverable.
74. Twenty-five per cent, of the levy
to be collected and paid over
quarterly; interest on taxes in
arrear, collector also to collect
water rents; compensation; ev-
idence in suits on collector's
75. Assessment by collector of prop-
erty omitted from assessment
76. May exempt from taxation prop-
erty or stock of manufacturing
77. All official bonds to be recorded;
certified copy evidence.
78. City council to provide system of
charges for use of water-works,
and protection for property of
79 City prison; confinement in city
prison or county jail at option
of city; prisoners may work out
fines and costs upon city streets
80 Recovery of fines, penalties and
81. Compensation to members of city
82 Jurisdiction over public grounds
83. Cumberland city consolidated debt
84 Payment of interest thereon, and
sinking fund for their redemp-
tion; interest to be not more
than six per cent.
85. Unauthorized pledge of the city's
86. On exhaustion of appropriations
before end of fiscal year, out-
lays to cease except upon water-
87. Penalty for violations of sections
85 and 86.
88. Bids for supplies.