11. An act further amendatory of the act entitled, an act to in-
corporate the Cumberland and Pennsylvania Railroad Company.
12. An act amendatory of an act entitled, an act to incorporate
the Manchester Mining and Manufacturing Company, passed at
December session, eighteen hundred and fifty-four, chapter two
hundred and thirty-eight, authorising the said company to issue
bonds and dispose of the same.
13. An act to change the name of George Smith, of Washing-
ton county, to William Clarke Funk.
14. An act amendatory of an act passed at December session,
eighteen hundred and forty-four, chapter two hundred thirty-one,
entitled, an act to incorporate the Baltimore and Cuba Smelting
and Mining Company, by authorising said company to increase its
capital stock and number of directors.
15. An act to extend the charter of the Baltimore Steam Packet
Company, passed at December session, eighteen hundred and
thirty-nine, chapter three hundred and twenty-eight, for the period
of twenty years.
16. An act to carry into effect the thirty-fifth section of the
third article of the Constitution of the State in regard to the eligi-
bility of persons to the offices therein specified and mentioned.
17. An act amendatory of the act incorporating the Convention
of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the Diocese of Maryland,
passed at December session, eighteen hundred and forty, chapter
sixty-seven, authorising the said convention to take and hold sub-
scriptions or contributions, in money or otherwise, for religious or
18. An act to denominate the town of Cumberland a city, and
to change and provide an alternative for the name of the corporate
19. An act to authorise the Circuit Courts for the several coun-
ties of this State and the Criminal Court of Baltimore city to ap-
point assistant counsel for the State, to aid in the trial of criminal
or other State cases pending in said courts; and to oblige the coun-
ty commissioners of the several counties, and the Mayor and City
Council of Baltimore, to provide payment for the services of such
20. An act to authorise the payment of Bradley T. Johnson for
professional services rendered to the State.
21. An act to authorise the Mayor and Councilmen of the city
of Cumberland to become a purchaser and shareholder of the cap-
ital stock of the Pittsburg and Connellsville Railroad Company;
to issue bonds in payment of said stock, and to provide by taxation
for the liquidation of said bonds.
22. An act to change the name of Edward Marion Dent, of
Prince George's county, to Edward Marion Clements.