4 TITLES OF THE LAWS.
10. An act to make valid and effectual, an agreement be-
tween the George's Creek Coal and Iron Company, and the
Cumberland and Pennsylvania Railroad Company.
11. An act to Incorporate the Methodist Preachers' Aid
Society of the East Baltimore Conference, and to give the
assent of the Legislature to the payment and delivery, by
the Methodist Preachers' Aid Society of Baltimore, of certain
funds and property, to said Methodist Preachers' Aid Society
of the East Baltimore Conference.
12. An act requiring the Surveyor of Allegany county, to
have an accurate copy made of the Record Books in said Sur-
veyor's office, in which are recorded the certificates of Sur-
vey made by Benjamin G. Vaughn, a former Surveyor of said
county, and to provide the rates of compensation for his
13. An act amendatory of the Act of Assembly, passed at
December session, eighteen hundred and thirty-four, chapter
87, and entitled, an act to incorporate the Trustees of the
Education Fund of the Baltimore Annual Conference.
14.' An act to make valid a deed of mortgage from Robert
H. Rouse and wife, of Kent county, to James Parker Selby,
bearing date the twelfth day of December, in the year eigh-
teen hundred and fifty-five, and recorded among the land
records of Kent county.
15. An act to authorise the Preston Coal and Iron Com-
pany of the State of Virginia, to purchase and hold lands,
and other property in the State of Maryland, and to exercise
the powers and privileges of a corporation, within the State
of Maryland, for mining and manufacturing purposes.
16. An act to authorise the clerk of the Circuit Court of
Howard county, to make new indexes of all the land and
chattel records in his office, in the manner and form pre-
scribed by law.
IT. An act to change the commencement of the April
term of the Circuit Court of Dorchester county.
18. An act to provide for making a general index to judg-
ments in Somerset county.
19. An act to make valid a deed from Nathan Tyson,
George Ellicott and Edward Lee, to Charles Timanus, and
to authorise the recording of the same.
20. An act to lay out and establish a new election dis-
trict, in Somerset county, out of Dames' Quarter district