This reel of microfilm contains the Maryland Journal. The pages missing from the microfilm may exist, they just were missing from the copy that was microfilmed. As pages are found they will be added to this site.
We are adding records from microfilm that continue the Early State Records series when we believe they can not be converted to text by Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software. Any records that can be converted to text by OCR will be added to the Archives of Maryland Online (AOMOL).
Maryland Journal Collection
MSA SC 2891
Newspaper, Maryland Journal
(Towsontown, Baltimore County: Wm. H. Ruby)
The Maryland Journal began publication January 7, 1865 [v. 1, no. 1] and ceased May 20, 1905 [v. 41, no. 2107]. It was published weekly. The newspaper merged with the Baltimore County Democrat (Towson: 1870) to form the Democrat and Journal (Towson: 1905).
Microfilming of the Maryland Journal 1865-1896 was sponsored by the Maryland State Archives and the Maryland Historical Society with funds provided by the Board of Public Works, State of Maryland, and the National Endowment for the Humanities, grant #RC 25304-77-21.